Health Benefits Of Medical Marijuana
The use of medical marijuana has expanded rapidly in recent years. With the increased supply and use of medical marijuana comes more questions about it’s health effects. More research is being published each year showing that marijuana is more many more uses other than recreational.
Clinical evidence has revealed that compounds naturally found within marijuana such as cannabidiol (CBD), and the psychoactive-inducing cannabinoid tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), provide remarkable health benefits for a range of diseases and disorders.
PA Medical Marijuana FAQs
Do I need to bring Medical Records to my Appointment?
YES. All documentation from current care providers ie: family medicine, psychiatry are needed for Dr. Bolton to review at the time of your consultation. This helps to prove your case and acts as documentation that you are being treated for one of the following medical conditions.
What Types of Products do the PA Dispensaries Currently Sell?
Pennsylvania dispensaries offer cannabis flower in its dry form, oils, pills, tinctures, cream, ointments, and liquids. The flower can not be smoked, it has to be vaporized.
How much does a Medical Marijuana Card Evaluation Cost?
We charge $200 for one of our doctors to perform an evaluation.
How and when will I receive my Card?
You will receive your card in the mail. It can take up to two weeks to receive your card in the mail but most of our patients receive their card within five business days of their appointment.
How long is my Card good for?
You will need to have your card renewed annually by visiting a certified doctor for an evaluation.
What will happen at my Evaluation?
The doctor will discuss with you the conditions you report to him/her and how Medical Marijuana may help to treat.
What are the Qualifying Medical Conditions?
Patients suffering from one of the following medical conditions may currently participate in Pennsylvania’s medical marijuana program:
- Anxiety Disorder
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Cancer, including remission therapy
- Crohn’s disease
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the central nervous system (brain-spinal cord) with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity, and other associated neuropathies
- Dyskinetic and spastic movement disorders
- HIV / AIDS
- Huntington’s disease
- Inflammatory bowel disease
- Intractable seizures
- Multiple sclerosis
- Neurodegenerative diseases
- Opioid use disorder for which conventional therapeutic interventions are contraindicated or ineffective, or for which adjunctive therapy is indicated in combination with primary therapeutic interventions
- Parkinson’s disease
- Post-traumatic stress disorder
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain
- Sickle cell anemia
- Terminal illness
- Tourette’s Syndrome
GET YOUR FAST, FREE QUOTE FROM A STRELLA SPECIALIST
We can’t wait to hear from you.
Who says nature has to take its course? Strella Medical Aesthetics is here to help you look as good as you feel. Come on over, your time machine awaits!